This page has moved to a new address.

Family Vacation

The Weinbergers: Family Vacation

Monday, August 23, 2010

Family Vacation


The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Psalm 19:1

So much has happened since my last post. We moved into our new apartment, went to Colorado, and summer school ended...finally. Our family vacation to Boulder & Breckenridge, Colorado is the purpose of this post. After a crazy weekend of moving, Wednesday August 11th we (Terry, Maren, Joe, & I) hopped a plane to Denver, CO for Joe's life-long best friend Alex Ralston's marriage to Leanne Hamilton. We had such a wonderful time. It was an honor to be a part of such a beautiful marriage celebration. It was one of the most fun weddings I have ever been to. Seemingly everyone danced the WHOLE time, including Joe and I. I definitely love dancing with my man. The time leading up to the wedding on Saturday we spent at Chautauqua State Park in a cute little cabin. We did a bit of shopping and hiking, but the highlight for me was a picnic the Ralston family hosted on Thursday evening. I got to hang out with sweet Caleigh & Maren, and Mrs. Ralston, Terry, & Mrs. Taylor. I love talking to older married women. I always learn something and share in a good laugh. I also got a chance to talk to Mr. and Mrs. Ralston about their move to Dubai. Joe and I are pr*ing for them daily, and I know they are being sent by the One with a purpose. I can't wait to hear all about it. We had a great time of fellowship. That night we laid in a field and watched for shooting stars. It was awesome and...FREEZING, in the middle of August. Oh what bliss. Sunday we took a beautiful drive through the mountains to Breckenridge. We stayed on Terry's friend Val's house. It was wonderful. So pretty and the hot tub in upper 40 degree weather was GREAT! Pretty much every morning I was able to get up before everyone and have a quiet time with the mountains as my back drop. Although I'm not really the out-door type, I do love taking in my God's awesome creation. It was a really, really fun trip, and I'm so appreciative to Terry for making it all happen. Here are a few pictures:

In Vail on Monday night.

With Mr. & Mrs. Ralston at Sunday Brunch

My forever groom & I at the Reception

Introducing Mr. & Mrs. Ralston!

Our cute, little cottage.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home