This page has moved to a new address.

First Foodie Blog Post

The Weinbergers: First Foodie Blog Post

Sunday, June 13, 2010

First Foodie Blog Post

Lately I have had the urge to enter the foodie blog world, oh my. I've decided that these foodie bloggers have lots of time, or more than I possess anyway. So, I'm sure these entries will be few and far between, but I'm really excited about getting started. My first new and experimental recipe for the weekend was Summer Citrus Pancakes.


Summer Citrus Pancakes

1 Large Egg
1 Cup of Unbleached Flour
3/4 Cup of Low-Fat Milk
1 TB of Sugar
3 tsp of Baking Powder
1/4 tsp of Salt
1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
2 TB of Canola Oil
Zest from 1 Lemon (or citrus fruit of choice)

1.Whisk the egg until fluffy. Add all ingredients through Lemon zest, and whisk until smooth.
2.Heat a highly oiled griddle, nonstick pan, or skillet on medium-medium high heat. Pour 1/2 cup of mixture and brown on both sides.

These were really tasty, not too high in calories, and SUPER easy.
Later that day, I made my first trek to Specs. It was really fun, actually. I loved looking at all the wines and specialty foods. I had a gift card and was hell bent on buying something. So after much deliberation, I thought a Pina Colada sounded pretty dang good. Joe looked up a quick recipe, we picked a middle of the line rum and got the extras. Well, lets just say the first swing was a miss. Bleh. My genius husband made some alterations, I added my two cents and the end result was amazing. It was creamy, with the perfect amount of froth and not too strong. Even Joe, single malt scotch on the rocks Joe, really liked it. I'm excited to call this recipe wholly ours.


Jose's Perfect Pina Colada

Blend:
2 cups of Ice
5.5 oz of Pineapple Juice
3-4 oz of dark Rum (to taste)
4 TB of Lite Coconut Milk
2.5 TB of Granulated Sugar
Blend for 30s & garnish with a cherry and pineapple slice.


I hope you enjoy these recipes, and look forward to sharing many more newlywed dining adventures. Happy Cooking!



Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At June 13, 2010 at 6:05 PM , Blogger musioperann said...

Love it!! Will you make one for me?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home