This page has moved to a new address.

Lights Out!

The Weinbergers: Lights Out!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Lights Out!

I was in Houston again last week because Joe was out of town. So I enjoyed some more much need R&R, and hung out with family. On wednesday night my mom and I had dinner with the Weinbergers, and said goodbye to Maren . She is studying abroad in Italy for five weeks, and I am so excited for her. I know she is going to have a once in a lifetime experience. Finally, on Friday my honey came to town. I always miss him more when I'm in Houston. I guess I feel more removed from him, and our new life; but absence always makes my heart grow founder. We had a fun day or so in Brookshire at Hunt Retreat. We played softball, ate, roasted marshmallows and sweated a lot. It was great fun, and it definitely satisfied my camping itch. Sunday we saw our sweet friends Leanne and Alex. They are getting married in August, and it was so fun to catch up. Sunday night we were going to watch a movie with Terry, when a thunder storm decided to make an appearance. There was a very bright flash, immediately followed by an even louder crash and the next thing I knew I was clinging to Joe. I'm a bit jumpy. Well, I accidently poked Joe right in the eye mid leap and he was yelling his head off. This caused Jim-whose back was out- to start yelling if everyone was okay. It was pretty stinkin' hilarious. The lights were off until noonish the next day, but it really wasn't so bad. We went out for breakfast and had quite an experience. We also had dinner with Aunt Karen and Uncle John for Memorial Day, and that's always fun. This week it's back to school, back to school to prove to daddy I'm no fool. Or something like that.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home