This page has moved to a new address.

NYC Thanksgiving

The Weinbergers: NYC Thanksgiving

Monday, November 26, 2012

NYC Thanksgiving

Here are a few more pictures from our Thanksgiving vacation in New York City. We surprised my mom with tickets to the Rockettes Christmas spectacular. She was so excited! We were all even more excited to actually make it to the show. Here's the back story: We have been planning this trip for months, the hotel and bus tickets were booked for nearly as long; however, I didn't really think about traffic getting into the city the day before Thanksgiving... oops. We sat in traffic outside of the Lincoln Tunnel for nearly 3 HOURS. When we stepped off the bus at 31st & 8th (I could have kissed the ground) we were greeted by hundreds of people within a block radius. Penn Station had been evacuated and we were all looking for a cab... we ended up taking our lives in our hands and getting in some guys mini-van (bless you sir!). It was about 7:10 at this point and we needed to be at Radio City by 8:00. Did I mention my dad was in SWEAT PANTS and most definitely had to change those at the very least. Thankfully we made it to the theater in plenty of time, because our cabbie got us 17 blocks in under 10 minutes. I'm not kidding. I even got to change into my cute outfit. By the time we were inside I was in desperate need of a drink (c'mon you know you've been there) and a festive show to remind my how happy I was to be in NYC. From this moment on the trip went wonderfully. The parade was magical, dinner divine, and the company could't be beat. I would absolutely do it again and hope to, but this time I am much wiser and will get there more than a day in advance.








Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home