This page has moved to a new address.

Sisters in Christ

The Weinbergers: Sisters in Christ

Monday, September 12, 2011

Sisters in Christ




This weekend my mom and aunt came to San Antonio to attend the Beth Moore live simulcast. Not only was it so sweet of them to come to me, but that event was so wonderful. I thought I would share some of her points. Her main topic was Luke, and more specifically his relationship with Paul.

"We were created by God for good company." There have to be some people in our lives that provide good fellowship.

"An individual calling can only be fulfilled in a "we" context." You can not do it on your own.

"What if we only read the scripture that "speaks to us."

"God never overlooks a single "me" in the bigger "we."

Luke wrote his second hand account of the gospel because "it seemed good to me."

"Jesus became a friend of sinners, so that we could become a friend of God."

1 Corinthians 12:30 (b) the most excellent way is LOVE. "Put the "I" back in "love you". So often we only say "love you." We are afraid of putting ourselves 'out there' or being venerable to rejection.

" 'My heart breaks for those who try to live Godly lives... without God' " -Priscilla Shirer
I know we all just had people pop into our heads, maybe even ourselves.

"Jesus has called you to be unhindered!" "Go, and do what you have been called to do."

At the end of the event Beth had us partner up and repeat truths over eachother. I was partnered with my Aunt, and it was really, really special. It was sweet to be women and sisters in christ, as well as niece and aunt.  I am so blessed to have Godly women in my life and their legacy.








Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home