This page has moved to a new address.

Maundy Thursday

The Weinbergers: Maundy Thursday

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Maundy Thursday

"The evening meal was being served, and the devil had already promoted Judas Iscariot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus. Jesus knew hat the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come fro God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him." John 13: 2-5

What a beautiful and humbling experience this must have been for the disciples. Of course they do not know the events that are about to occur, and I'm sure this event became even more meaningful after Friday was over. 

"Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet. I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. I tell you the truth, no servant is great that his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him." John 13: 14-16

As I ponder on the meaning and significance of the next four days, I feel that I am experiencing the same humbleness the first disciples felt. God has granted me that opportunity to serve Him on the mission field numerous times, from Honduras to Eastern Europe. I am so humbled by this. I know I would be such a different woman if I had not had these experiences. This being said, I have been experiencing a brand new mission field the past three months at the school where I sub. I can't say that I go into work and have the attitude of "washing feet". I pray that God would transform my heart. 

Last Sunday at church they ended the service with the song "In Christ Alone". It is beautifully written and composed. I'm not sure why, but as I was singing it I just kept thinking about my grandma being in the presence of the Christ I was singing about. Needless to say, I began to cry. I wonder if they have and extra big party in heaven on Easter weekend. I guess we'll find out. 










Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home