This page has moved to a new address.

The Time of Our Lives

The Weinbergers: The Time of Our Lives

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Time of Our Lives

You know that song "I've had the time of my life". It's at the end of Dirty Dancing. Well, I think I'm pretty much having the time of my life. Here's why:

Joe and I have seemed to finally adjusted to our new life here in San Antonio, we can't seem to choose between two churches we love (what a beautiful problem), and Rémy is a wonderful addition to our little family. This past weekend was really wonderful. Crazy busy, but wonderful. I took the opportunity to enjoy our new puppy, and disconnect myself from the world a bit. I didn't twitter, answer texts, (okay I did put pictures of the little mister on fb) but I quickly got off. I just needed some silence. Saturday I had a Texas Teachers session all day, and all I could think about was getting home and being anonymous. On Sunday the pastor at the church we were visiting spoke on sexual abuse, but the part I found so convicting (and heartbreaking for the women around me) were the verses he shared on modesty, our responsibility to protect the thoughts of the men we encounter, and the cultures we entertain in our lives. I wrote a whole post about it, but I'm not going to publish it right now. All of this adds up to a very fulfilling & rejuvenating weekend.

The school year is quickly coming to a close and I can't believe it. I'm working twice this week, four days next week, and then hello summer. Although I will miss subbing, I'm super excited about my summer job.

This weekend my mother and sister in-law are coming into town and we can't wait to have them. Speaking of my s-i-l, Maren recently competed in a young opera singers competition in Dallas, and tied for second place! Click here to see the article about it. We are so proud of her.


Rémy is taking a nap, so I'm going to take the opportunity to eat breakfast. Have a terrific Tuesday!











Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 17, 2011 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Agrita said...

I actually would like to read your post about modesty.
And I'm happy for this season in your life when you feel like you're having the time of your life!
I love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home