This page has moved to a new address.

New Weekend Rituals

The Weinbergers: New Weekend Rituals

Monday, April 16, 2012

New Weekend Rituals



I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! Ours had some highs and some lows. Friday we had plans to go to the new food truck park in our neighborhood, but after spending 10 + hours with children all I wanted was a nice quiet meal that was served to me. Joe poured me a glass of wine and let me get out of my funk a bit before we decided on The Monterey for dinner. It's also a neighborhood restaurant and has surprisingly become one of my favorites. Saturday began like our most recent Saturdays at home have: Joe and I waking up at relatively the same time, drinking coffee, eating a bowl of cereal, and snuggling while watching The Cooking Chanel. It doesn't get much better. Lately our Saturday afternoons at home have included lunch and grocery shopping at Central Market. I will sure miss that place in D.C. After  our trip to the grocery store is when we hit a real low. We attempted to put our new wooden bed frame together, and it just didn't go very well. Sometimes we work really well together, and other times we just don't- Saturday was one of those other times. After all was said and done the bed still wasn't attached to the headboard correctly, but we gave up. Well- around 1:30 in the morning I hear this creaking sound. I get out of bed, put the dog in his pen,turn the lights on, and CRASH- the mattress goes through the middle of the bed. I wish I could have snapped a picture of Joe's face at that moment. He was totally bewildered and nearly terrified. I just couldn't help but burst out laughing. After the fiasco that afternoon, it was just so typical and well, funny. So- Joe and I spent the rest of the night on the foldout couch, which is slightly larger than a twin. Needless to say neither of us woke up in time for church. Sunday was a much better day- we had lunch at Brio at La Cantera, did some birthday shopping for family members, and browsed in Barnes and Noble for over an hour. We made some make shift supports for the bed out of cinder blocks and wood and even got the headboard attached correctly.  We ended the afternoon reading the Sunday Times together, which we recently subscribed to. All in all, it was a good weekend and we learned to never buy a bed from West Elm again. 


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home