This page has moved to a new address.

The sweet musky smell that is a library

The Weinbergers: The sweet musky smell that is a library

Sunday, February 21, 2010

The sweet musky smell that is a library

Furthering our immersion into our new home (college station), on Saturday Joe and I got Bryan/College Station library cards. I know that we have both been living here for over two and a half years, but being a college student in Aggieland is much different than being a resident of College Station. I was actually pretty pumped about our outing. Immediately when we walked in we were hit with that smell. You know, the smell of old paper with a mix of air conditioning. It was glorious. If I closed my eyes, it was if I was at the Collier Library signing up for the summer book club with my mom. So many sweet memories began to flood my mind, and I soaked it up. I went to the children's section and looked at a few of the Beverly Cleary Ramona books- favorites of mine as a kid. I went to the young adult section and reconnected with the Joan Lowery Nixon mystery novels that my mom and I would specifically check out for a road trips to Louisiana and Mississippi. Eventually I made my way over to the adult fiction section, and oh was I in heaven. I could have taken at least five home, but my wise husband reminded me of my tendency to not return things on time. A little reluctantly, I limited myself to two . I believe this a beautiful rebirth of library visits.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At February 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM , Blogger musioperann said...

i love reading about the simple things you do as a couple as you build your life together. keep it up! TW

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home